sábado, 12 de diciembre de 2009

In your eyes

This morning I was trying to come up with an amazing post about Our Lady of Guadalupe on her feast day. I had many ideas running through my head which I tried, yet failed to weave into a beautiful texture of words. As the desperation of writer's block began to overcome me, I saw a faint light in the distance. That light turned out to be a short poem (or should I say prayer?  Or maybe a poetic prayer?). I find it really strange though, for I am more of a prose person than a poet (I've only written one other poem, back in my high school English class. That poem has, thanks be to God, vanished into oblivion). I find it even stranger that this poem popped into my head in English and not in Spanish, but then again, my mind switches constantly from one language to the other, without me being in control anymore. Please do not be too harsh on my pitiful attempts at poetry for it is the only thing I can offer to Our Mother on her day.



O, Mother Mary,
Praise to thee!
For in thy image
we can see,
a glimpse of Heaven,
of life to come,
of all the glory of your Son!


All glory be
for thy one Son!
For 'tis his eyes
the eyes we meet,
when in thy eyes
for love we seek!